Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Spring

I'm looking forward to Spring this year. Apart from the things I am anticipating happening - most notably, Calvin and staying home with him, of course - I am looking forward to the season and the things Spring is supposed to be: Snow-capped mountains and green fields; pastel-colored flowers everywhere; soft sun and gentle warmth. I often underestimate the importance of Spring in my life and when I became pregnant (and sick) at the end of this past Summer, I swore I never again wanted to see another green, growing thing out my window (as rotten tomatoes and weeds and grass encroached upon our yard and my mind). And I'm still not looking forward to Summer much. Who needs it? But Spring has a hold on my imagination this year. Here's hoping it doesn't snow.

No comments: