Monday, January 5, 2015

8 months

I have been looking at old pictures of Calvin tonight. He was so tiny and sweet and so easy to care for. But as much as I loved that time so incredibly much I realize that I don't miss it. I am so happy with THIS time, now, it is all that I want. As I was looking at the pictures Calvin cried and I went into his room to soothe him. Patting him on the back is the thing these days, don't pick him up or feed him, so he'll go right back to sleep. But he had rolled on to his back for some reason and I found my self scooping him up and holding him and feeling him in my arms. I have been thanking God for him all of the time, like I did when he was first born. I think at about 6 months I hit burn out and found it harder to appreciate things, but my love of motherhood is alive and well and he is at least as perfect as he's ever been. I love him; I love him so much. Thank you, God.

No comments: